Thursday, July 16, 2009

We have papers!

We have papers! I called DHL this morning and they confirmed that the papers had indeed arrived in Majuro and were on the way to the US Embassy. We got the call about 2:30pm that we could come pick up the package. Not wanting to appear anxious (ha ha) we waited until about 3:30pm to go get them. It was very anti-climatic, they didn’t even ask to see identification. I’m sure it helped that we had met the embassy contact on several different occasions while we’ve been here. Family #2 should receive their papers by Monday and is planning to leave on the same flight that we will be on. It will be nice to go out with them since we have spent most of our time here together.

Today we also had lunch with Baby K’s maternal grandmother. She was so gracious and humble-she thanked us for inviting her to lunch. She had not seen Baby K since she was one week old. Interestingly enough, she is the cousin of the foster dad. One of the things that I’ve noticed is here is that whole six degrees of separation-everyone either seems to know everyone or be related to everyone.

We’re anxiously counting down the days to Monday. It’s hard to believe that we’ve been here almost a month and while it has been relaxing and most beautiful, we are ready to come home and to get back into our routines.

I heard from my Mom this morning that my best friend has hooked me up with a raspberry pie from Paul’s Bakery-now I’m really ready to come home!

For all of our friends and family that have been asking what they can do, please come visit when we come home. Give us a day or two to get settled in but then please call and come over-I don’t want Baby K to be grown before you all get a chance to see her.


We have papers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the papers! It's neat that you got to meet the maternal grandmother, too. I'm so impressed with how you have handled the open adoption situation - I don't think I could have done it as graciously as you have. I'm so glad that you'll be back soon, though! Enjoy the last few days, and we hope to see you soon. Wendy

    ReplyDelete