Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Paperwork is done and now we wait.....

The past 2 days have been whirlwind of trips to meet with the attorney, get the babies medical exam completed, go to court, collect birth certificates, get Baby K's passport, meetings at the US Embassy, and did I mention that we just got a new baby :-)

Yesterday was an incredibly emotional day for several reasons-I watched my "baby" G turn into a big sister, we officially added a new addition to our family, and while we experienced the joy of the moment we also witnessed the sorrow for the birthmom and the fostermom. It was a very humbling experience to watch someone I had never met take the witness stand and relinquish their parental rights so that R and I could adopt this beautiful baby. I cried like a baby when the fostermom officially handed Baby K over to me.

In such a short time I feel like I have come to know these people and they have become part of my extended family, it has been an awe inspiring experience. It is so evident by looking at Baby K that the foster family has taken such great care of her. At her medical exam yesterday she weighed 11 lbs 11 oz and is 22 inches long. She has almost doubled her birthweight and is not quite 3 months old. Below are a couple of pics that we took yesterday-


Baby K's medical exam


G holding Baby K at court


It's official-the Jones Family of 4 and Baby K's birthmom

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on officially being a family of FOUR! I love the picture of you holding Baby K with G beside you - it kind of symbolizes your life right now - on one side of you is a picture you were probably coloring with G, and on the other side of you is what looks like a form that needs to be filled out! Hopefully, filling out forms will be coming to an end soon.

    G looks so perfect holding Baby K. I'm so happy for you all and can't wait to see you at home. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! Congratulations. We continue to pray for blessings to be poured out on your bigger family.

    Blessings, Liz & Elise (& family)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She Beautiful! We know baby K will have a wonderful family. Having that family picture is a treasure. Stay strong.
    The Schallers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, to a new family of four. I am so glad that this time your wait was quicker. It is hard to believe that in six months you are the offical family for baby K. G looks so cute as she lovinly holds her baby sister in court. God Bless you all and keep you safe till you are home here in the USA.
    Auntie J

    ReplyDelete