Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's all good-

Sometimes it is easy to forget that life is just good-too much news talking about the economy and the war, and it's easy to get depressed.

After a rain storm the other day, I happened to catch this picture of two rainbows. First time in my entire life that I can recall seeing two rainbows at one time. The one on the left was a little hard to make out but the colors were so vivid on the second one.

It's moments like these that make me remember that it's all good-we just have to make the time to slow down and enjoy it.



Speaking of all good-I took Baby K to get her 4 month immunizations and to have the first exam by our pediatrician, and surprise, surprise, she's grown. You may remember that I took her to the International Adoption Clinic at UVA a couple of weeks ago and she weighed 14lbs 8 oz. Amazingly, only two weeks later, she now weighs 15 lbs 12 oz. At this rate, she is going to be out of the next size clothing before we get a chance to wear any of it.

Now that she is almost 5 months old (where has that little tiny 10 week old baby gone?) the doctor said she is ready to start cereal and in a couple of weeks she can start first foods. Here's a couple of pics from our first rice cereal feeding adventure-


Big Sis and Little Sis


The cereal was a success!

G has been such a big help with her sister but the other day she mentioned that "we don't get to spend any time alone together". And she is right-I've been so wrapped up in getting settled in, getting school going, and just holding it all together that I've overlooked the time together that G and I used to spend alone. So after school today we had a little mini "girl's day out". Baby K was at Grammy's and so after I got off work I picked G up from school (which is still going very well) and we went to the movies. It cost $19 for two tickets to go to an afternoon show because it was in 3D. For that price, I could have waited until it came out on DVD and bought it.

But back to my original train of thought on this-it had been a long time since G and I had done something with just the two of us-it was nice. It made me realize that my big girl and I need to have a "girl's day out" on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment