Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

Valentines Day is my favorite holiday--I think it's all the pink, and the hearts, and the flowers, and the general love theme. I want the girls to know that the holiday is about being with the people you love and letting them know how much they mean to you and so we try not to go overboard with activities and gifts.

The oldest girls had Valentine's parties at school where they got to exchange cards and candy. For G, the big deal was the cards and who sent them and what pictures they had on them. For K, it was the candy, and all about the candy. She is crazy over lollipops! I have found that I can get her to do just about anything for a "lolly". Yeah, I know that's bribing and I swore I'd never do that before I became a parent, but sometimes a Mom has to do, what a Mom has to do.

Below is a picture of the lovebugs. I love these little guys! They are made by Hallmark, and besides just being cute and ladybug like, they have a zippered compartment just big enough to hold a small treat. We put a little candy in each girl's bug, Baby M got new teethers, and set them on a new book. That was it. That was Valentine's Day this year and it was more than enough with all the extra from friends and family. Note to self---remember that for next year:-)


The lovebugs arrived with new books for the girls.


G's book was on her kindle



"I think I'll take the bananas instead."


"Hurry, I've got a donut waiting on me!"


The girls and their bugs

The girls and I had a great Valentine evening out with our very best friends at Chik-fil-A. I know you're thinking, Chik-Fil-A, what kind of Valentine's dinner was that? We had made reservations a couple of days ahead for a seated and served dinner and when we got there, a section had been set aside with balloons, flowers, and table decorations. The kids got to decorate heart-shaped cookies and the staff handed out chocolates and long-stem red roses. They even had a photographer taking family pics and putting them in small frames. All of this extra for no additional cost over the meal--you know that was talking my language :-)

It was done very nicely and was a nice Valentine's treat for the kids to have dinner out, and on another positive note, I didn't have to cook!


Sharing dinner with a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment