Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It came, it made the big girls sick, and then it left-THANKFULLY!

I think there was a holiday in the past week but somehow it managed to escape me. K woke up with a fever this past Friday and by Saturday morning, I was certain she had strepthroat, so off to the doctor we went. It turned out to be a virus--you know the kind I'm talking about, the go home and just suffer thru it kind. Poor K had such a sore throat that she wouldn't eat anything and then in all my infinite parenting wisdom, I gave her ibuprofen on an empty stomach and so she proceeded to "decorate" my bed in the middle of the night. What a mess (and a valuable learning experience)!

If all that wasn't bad enough, by Sunday afternoon G had a fever. I was terrified that Maddie was going to get it, or even worse than that, would have been R-hehehe, but thankfully, it ran it's course and both big girls are now back up and running at full speed. Mucho thanks to Grammy for keeping G overnight while she recuperated!

While G was at Grammy's, K had a little "sister time" with Maddie. I love these pics of my two baby girls.





Everyone has been so generous with visits, offers of help, meals and gifts since we've been home. Thank you notes will be forthcoming but it just may take me a little time :-) My Aunt J sent a beautiful christening gown and handmade hat and blanket. It's hard to see in the picture but the dress has beautiful lace and beading on the front.


Thanks Aunt J for the beautiful gifts!


Modeling our new hat

Yesterday, Mimi and Papa stopped by to bring a handmade knit blanket that Mimi had made. I don't have pictures of it yet, but it is soft, the most gorgeous shade of pink, and beautiful. I did manage to catch a pic of them with the girls.



Along with the gift of the blanket, was some tissue paper. Who would have guessed that tissue paper could be so much fun. These pics bring to mind, visions of the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz :-)





And finally,is this baby growing or what?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I was reading this, and have been following your progress through these days (you're on my google reader) and I was actually sad that we don't share a country and I can't just wander by and visit your lovely little family.
    Thank you for sharing your stories. You do bring some nostalgic smiles to my face as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di-

    Thanks for your note! I, too, wish we were in the same country! Any idea when you may be back on my side of the world? Would love to visit and of course, have you take some pics of my beautiful babies!

    ReplyDelete