The top five best things about being an adoptive parent:
5. The travel-we've had the opportunity to see China, the Marshall Islands and parts of the United States that we wouldn't have otherwise considered visiting.
4. The experiences-we've gotten to see and do things that wouldn't have been in our realm of possibilities if we'd had a biological family. Russ and I got to spend a lot of quality time together each time we made that 2 1/2 hour drive to Norfolk to renew our fingerprints!
3. The people-we've met people, made friends and became family with people that have become so dear to our hearts that it is impossible to imagine life without them. We can now proudly say that we have friends and family from all over the world!
2. And occasionally I get to gloat when someone says, "you look wonderful-how did you keep the pregnancy weight off?"
1. And the number one best thing about being an adoptive parent :-)