Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye to the Old, Hello to the New

Happy New Year! It really doesn't seem like a year has come and gone.

Despite all the grim economic and world news of the past year, 2009 was a great year for our family. We welcomed Baby K, our families are healthy, including R and I who are "not 18 anymore", and our personal economic situation-while not great-is a lot better than a lot of other folks.

This is the perfect opportunity to say thanks to our families for their love and support this past year (and always), thank you to the two wonderful women who gave birth to the two girls I now call my own, thanks to my husband for allowing me to follow my dream (could be a nightmare depending on the day :-) of being a stay-at-home mom, thanks to my two wonderful girls for the blessings that you are, and above all else, thank you Lord for all these wonderful people that you've put in my life.

A New Year's post wouldn't be complete without a few resolutions so here are mine for 2010:
-a little more patience for the chaotic mornings in our household (regardless of the night before prep, the last 5 minutes before going out the door are always chaos)
-a little more wisdom to determine how to eliminate the chaotic mornings in our household (could also use some of that in other situations as well)
-better time management skills (remembering that there are really only a limited number of hours in the day)
-to raise my children to be kind, responsible, and productive individuals
-and above all else, to remember to slow down and enjoy the little moments because life is about the journey, not the destination

No comments:

Post a Comment