Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Reflections

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is Mother's Day. Four years ago R and I had been home from China approximately one month with G and I celebrated my first Mother's Day. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by.

This evening G discovered that she has a loose tooth. Not just any loose tooth, but the first loose tooth. I almost cried because I realize that day by day my baby is growing up. Where is the time going? It didn't help that I got her preschool graduation pictures on Friday. She looked so grown up in her cap and gown. I am so proud of her and of the big girl she is becoming. G is going to be a great big sister!

I want to also take a moment to thank G's birthmother today. It is because of her that R and I have this most precious gift we call our daughter. We can't imagine how difficult her decision must have been. If we could tell her one thing, we would want her to know that G is safe, happy and loved more than anything in the world.

To all my mom friends and my mom-to-be friends, Happy Mother's Day!

Here's a picture of G and R and she's pointing out her loose tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment