Sunday, November 9, 2014

There was a little parrot

So, I'm pretty sure that my kids don't listen to me when I'm talking.  That's why I have to tell them three times to quit jumping on the furniture, and sometimes that is still not enough.  But then there are times when I am amazed, and not even aware, that I've said or did something that sticks with them.

This past week the Littles and I were picking G up from school.  G gets into the car and this is the conversation between her and Little Miss M:

M: G, what you did in school today?
G:  I had a spelling test and a social studies test today.
M: Den? (that's "then" translated to toddler speak)
G:  I went to computer and bible.
M: Den?
G: I had lunch and recess.
M: Den?

And this conversation went on much longer than I've detailed here.  I just want to say, "thank you G for having patience with her"!  

And I'm amazed by this because........it's pretty close to word-for-word what I ask/say when I pick the Littles up from school each day.  It's also proof (and hope) that something is getting thru and staying in there :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment