Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's Time to Eat......

At Baby M's 4 month check-up the doctor had suggested we wait to start her on cereal until the allergy testing had come back. Thankfully, the skin test and the blood test came back negative for soy and milk. It did come back positive for cat and so we're readjusting a lot of things in our house to minimize the cat dander (is that even possible?) From the information that I've been able to gather we won't necessarily see the results of our efforts for 90-120 days. That is how long animal dander can linger after the pet has been removed from the area. It seems like pretty powerful stuff--it's a wonder someone hasn't come up with a way to harness it and make energy since it has such staying power :-)

This past weekend we started Baby M on rice cereal. You can see from the pics that the first couple of bites were questionable but once she got the hang of it, she was really gungho. If this is any indication of future appetite, she's going to be a good eater.


First bite.....


Not too sure.....


Still thinking about it.....


"I'm think I'm going to like this....."


"Can I have some more?"

One of my favorite days of the week is Sunday. My girls get to hang out in their pj's for a good part of the day and we get to spend time as a family. I love this pic of my two big girls reading and I really love the fact that K was the one who got out the book so that her big sis could read it to her.


K and G reading

Here my little girls are snuggling with their blankets. K and Baby M both have a preference for the blankets that are silky on one side and "minky" on the other. Of course this seems to be the season for fleece so I'm always on the lookout for the minky blankets. Anyone come across a source for these, please let me know :-)


Baby M and K snuggling

K had her preschool Thanksgiving feast at school and they were indians. Very cute costumes made out of t-shirts that had been dyed and stamped with shapes. And of course the outfit would not have been complete without the colored macaroni necklace.


Cutest indian in the class!

Somehow I managed to convince K that we needed to take a pic in this dress to show our friend Miss K. She's recently been going thru the "I'm avoiding the camera at all costs stage," and so I love the fact that she posed and actually smiled right at the camera. I love this dress and the many others that we have gotten from one of our friends. There is nothing cuter than a little girl in a smocked dress and the best part is that I will get to do a "replay" once Baby M gets a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment