Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back in the routine..........reluctantly

It's amazing how two weeks can completely reset your internal clock. Before Christmas break I was waking up at 4:30am without the alarm clock and now I'm having to resist the urge to make repeated taps on the snooze button at 5:00am. I feel like such a slacker! Even though it was nice to have both girls home and to enjoy that time together, I obviously need a little structure in my day.

Despite the lack of structure :-)---we had a great holiday! We were able to spread out the gift craziness a little by opening gifts at Grammy's house the week before Christmas, and then going to Mimi's house a couple of day's later, followed by Christmas Eve at Aunt B's and then Christmas Day at Aunt M's. And between all of that we managed to spend enough time at home to do a little baking and to visit Christmastown with our best friends.

We had plenty of time to overeat at each place and to continue the holiday foodfest at home. I can now officially say it was a 4 pounder holiday for me-another reason I need to get back into a routine. I did not walk once during the two weeks of Christmas break and that coupled with the holiday treats was not good for my jeans. When your stretch jeans have quit stretching it's time to take action. So with new shoes on feet, I set off with K in the stroller and we've managed to make it to the mall twice so far this week, with any luck we'll make it at least one more day.

Here are some of my favorite pics from the holiday break.


Christmas at Grammy's house with cousin R


The artist


Christmas at Mimi's house


Christmastown with friends


and we're still talking about this encounter.....


Add a little, eat a little


Soooo serious.....


The finished project


One of Santa's elves on Christmas Eve


and the littlest elf!


Christmas morning


"and these are a few of my favorite things...."


Christmas Day at Aunt M's

No comments:

Post a Comment