Thursday, October 8, 2009

We have an artist in the family....

A couple of weeks ago G submitted 2 pieces of her artwork to be in a children's artshow. I encouraged her to do so because I knew that everyone would at least get an honorable mention ribbon.

Well this past Wednesday evening was the Artist's Reception and both of G's pieces placed-she got 2nd place in the Pencil/Marker category and 3rd place in the Mixed Media category. See pics below.

She was so excited that we just about had to peel her off the ceiling! After the reception we went and had ice cream and then you had to just about pull R and I off the ceiling from all the sugar!

Baby K also had some exciting news this week-she graduated from her baby bath seat to a baby bath ring-see pics! She is so much happier now that she is sitting up instead of reclining. Take note of the adorable "kewpie hair-do".

I've also included G's kindergarten school picture. It turned out much better than I had anticipated. This was my first experience with LifeTouch School Portraits and I was pretty skeptical. You have to prepay for the pictures and that always makes me nervous. I did a little research and found out that I could purchase the pictures on CD and the right to reproduce them for less than what one of the small packages cost. The benefit of doing it this way is that I can go to someplace like Costco and make as many copies in the sizes that I want for much less than what LifeTouch is charging and I can continue to reproduce the image for as long as I need to. How come everyone isn't doing this?????


"Stained Glass Butterfly"


"A Ladybug in Spring"


The artist and her work


Bathing Kewpie

No comments:

Post a Comment