Tuesday, August 27, 2013

We're getting old....

We're getting old......I'm not sure when we crossed the great divide but I'm pretty sure it has taken place!

We had the pleasure of free tickets, courtesy of friends, to see Toby Keith in concert this past weekend.  It was a great show but it came in second to the exceptional amount of "people watching" that we were able to experience.  We must have stuck out like sore thumbs in our khaki pants and polo shirts.  The norm for dress was short shorts (with the pockets hanging out of the front) and halter tops for the women, jeans for the men, and cowboy boots and hats for everyone.

When we arrived at 7:00pm it was obvious that the majority of the crowd had been there for awhile.  There were grills fired up, cornhole games taking place, and full-on picnics complete with tables and chairs setup truck-side.  I thought that tail-gating only took place at football games. Boy, was I wrong!

There was also no shortage of red solo cups! or alcoholic beverages to fill those cups!  By the time Toby Keith came on stage there were quite a few passed out fans.  It left me wondering how they were going to get home!

Thanks friends for an interesting and enjoyable date night with the hubs but I think I better keep my older self home with the younger crowd :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment