Friday, September 18, 2009

G's penguin has been turned around

I knew it had to happen eventually and I'm actually surprised that it didn't happen sooner. In G's kindergarten class each student has a penguin with their name on it. (They actually wore them as name tags for the first week of school.)

From what I can gather from G, they are now hung on a board, and each time someone gets in trouble the penguin is turned around to face backward.

On the way to school today, G casually mentions that "her penguin got turned around like Jake's cousin but she didn't cry." I had to prompt her for the details but it seems she was talking when she was standing in line and so she and at least one other child had their penguin turned around and they lost 1 minute of their recess time.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. First, I'm surprised that she waited a couple of days to mention it and second, she was pretty relaxed when she relayed the story. I had expected that she would be in tears the first time she got spoken to in school. I'm not sure if I should be alarmed that she wasn't upset or happy that she's so comfortable with her class and teacher.

Time will tell......

No comments:

Post a Comment