Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Has it really been a week?

It's hard to believe that it has been a week since we returned home-the days have gone by quickly as we continue to iron out routines and start getting G ready to start kindergarten next month.

I've used the past couple of days to start processing the pictures from our trip-I uploaded 672 pictures to Costco. It's going to take me a while to go thru and edit and select which ones to print. I've also been working on balancing the checkbooks, sorting out the rest of the bills/mail-not the most fun thing to do, but a necessary evil of being away from home for so long.

Baby K is starting to sleep a little better at night-at least that is what I am telling myself. If I can just get her clock rotated a little more towards going to bed a little earlier, it will be perfect. She's such a rascal at times. She will actually fight going to sleep-just as she starts to doze off, she'll kick her leg and keep herself awake. This is probably an omen that she has a strong will/personality and that R and I are in for a real ride with this one.

Our dear friends, Miss Carol and Siena, brought us over dinner tonight-THANK YOU! It was delicious and nice not to have to think about what we were all going to eat. Actually, R has taken over most of the cooking duties as of late and I've taken over the clean-up afterward. This is a total flip flop of what our life was like as a family of three. Can I actually admit that I'm liking this turn of events at the moment?

We are really utilizing all of the baby accessories that Aunt Kerry collected and sent over-THANK YOU! I'm not sure where my mind was when I thought that I wouldn't need a baby swing-Baby K loves the swing and the bouncy seat and as you can see in the picture, the swing lulls her to sleep. This is a perfect spot for her when we sit down to eat dinner-I've managed to eat three meals without having to get up (oh, the small victories in life :-)


Baby K in the swing

Included a pic of the dolls that we bought in HI for the girls-we're calling these our Marshallese dolls. I may have mentioned in an earlier post that the Marshallese girls do not actually have dolls to play with according to the facilitator, they use shells and sea glass to play house.



More family pics-can't get enough of that cute baby!


R and Baby K


Baby K


Grammy and Baby K

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad you finally made it home. I can't wait to meet her. What an experience, thanks for sharing!!! We've been out of town so I didn't know you got home until now. Hope to see you at the tea. Congratulations and welcome home!! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete